Things to Remember When Job-Hunting

Job hunting is one of the most stressful processes ever.  Some, however, have more luck than others. But for those of you out there who are anything like me, job hunting is the opposite of fun.  I dread nothing more than finding a job.  What if the job isn't for me?  What if the career I want to go into isn't for me?  What if I fail?  What if I hate it? Job-hunting for me is full of "what ifs."  With that said, you are not alone.  And it is important to remember that you are not as powerless as you think. In fact, you hold the power.

When job-hunting, try and remember that job-hunting itself is a job.  You should be fully committed to finding the right job for you and that best fits your needs, and perhaps your wants as well.  Job-hunting is by no means a science, rather it is an art.  Some simply are better than others in such a process.  Job-hunting is also mysterious and we will never understand why things work and why other times they do not.  Trying to understand these things can not be done, so try and avoid the stress.  And finally, there is no always wrong and always right way(s) to hunt for a job.  Again, job-hunting itself is a job - if your job hunt isn't working, you need to increase the amount of time you are dedicating to finding a job. With that said, do not give up!  You are not alone. 

P.S. - For those of you need help staying on track with job-hunting, visit www.jobsearchpowermeter.com!  

No comments:

Post a Comment